Monday, May 11, 2009

Farm Life

Meet Daisy!

I keep saying this but now I'm really getting close to the end of being super busy. At least that's my hope -- fingers crossed! This weekend was great because I actually got a chance to get out of the house a little bit and take some pictures. I drove out to a working 1860's farmhouse - the Kelley Farm in Elk River, Minnesota. It is one of the few operational farms left from this time period. I've always been intrigued by this period in history and I've always wondered how people survived without the benefits of modern amenities. Well, this weekend I found out...

A look at the tool shed where every piece of equipment is taken care of by hand.

Eggs are gathered every day and stored in the cellar.

Children and their parents visiting the farm.

1 comment: